Tuesday, February 24, 2009
and drop your comments.
Don't hate the smokers for smoking. Seriously, you cannot force them into doing something they don't want to do. I, myself, was a smoker and I quited recently. I was treated bad just because I was smoking and people didn't like me just because of it. But no matter what they said, it didn't help me from quitting. The thing is that, I had to realize myself what I was doing, if it was worth it or not and that's why I made my decision to stop smoking. I realized it myself.
Monday, February 23, 2009
2. You feel that having more wrinkles makes you more distinguished.
3. No need for aftershave or perfume as no one will smell it over the all-pervasive odour of smoke.
4. You have no sense of taste or smell so you have no need to eat gourmet food.
5. You get plenty of exercise running outside and braving the elements for quick smoke breaks at work.
6. Smoking makes you sexy, right?
7. And what's more you look your best in dimly lit, smoke-filled rooms.
8. Your constant coughing helps friends and loved ones find you easily in a crowd.
9. If you get lost in the wilderness you won't have to rub sticks together to start a fire because you'll be sure to have your lighter with you.
10. You'll never have trouble deciding what items to get duty free.
11. Blowing smoke-rings makes you a hit at parties.
12. You can make extra money filling in at rock concerts when their smoke machine breaks down.
13. You are next in line to guide Santa's sleigh should anything happen to Rudolph.
14. You keep people in the ashtray industry employed.
15. You can safely give people 'the fingers' without anyone objecting.
16. The small holes in your clothes hearken back to the trendy "shotgun wash" days of the eighties.
17. Asking people for a "light" is a good way to pick up members of the opposite sex and you don't have to worry about your mouth smelling foul because they're smokers too.
18. You've spent all the money you would have spent on your retirement plan on cigarettes so it's probably just as well your not going to live as long as everyone else.
19. Lots of film stars smoke in movies so, therefore, by smoking you are naturally increasing your chances of becoming a film star.
20. Because if you didn't smoke you'd be tempted to go back to picking your nose, which was what you used to do to occupy your hands.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Being able to quit smoking is one of the greatest achievements you will ever have, I know. Smoking addiction is a very tough habit to break so you need a very powerful reason to make yourself want to quit. I don't know what will inspire you to quit smoking but I have a friend named Cindy who has a great story.
Cindy is a single mom from Charlottesville, IN. As a 10 year smoker she was able to find her "ultimate reason" to quit smoking in just a matter of days. Cindy subscribed to an online program and she was also using a nicotine patch to help her with her cravings. One night will she was watching television with her daughter she was given the power to quit smoking forever. During a commercial break her daughter turned to her and told her that she didn't smell like "icky sticks" anymore and then she gave her a big hug. Needless to say, Cindy was beside herself with emotions and she vowed that she would never smell like "icky sticks" again.
I just wanted to share the story in the hopes that more people will be able to find their own reasons to quit smoking. There are a million different reasons to quit smoking so you should have no trouble at all finding one.
Hopefully you have a few specific reasons to be able to help you quit smoking and that is a great start. Your next step now is to figure out your plan of action. I'm sure you have probably heard of people being able to quit smoking "cold-turkey" but this is a very silly approach. It is true that it can be done but the chances of being able to quit smoking this way are very slim.
With all of the products out there guaranteeing their success it is hard to decide which ones are for real. That is why I recommend that you take a serious look around at some programs. If you type in "quit smoking program" into your search engine it will return more than enough web pages for you to be able to make a good decision. I do suggest that whatever program you choose should offer a money-back guarantee. Some programs out there can cost upwards of $200 so they better be able to back it up. Also, keep in mind that this is an investment in you. Unfortunately the only free way to quit smoking is cold-turkey, and the odds are greatly against you. Remember, before this, you were literally lighting your money on fire.
You have the power to quit smoking for the rest of your life and I hope we have been able to help you in some way.
For more information and support visit us at Time To Quit Smoking.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Recent Scientists have started study after detection, that though 4000 toxic chemical products have been enumerated in tobacco to a smoke, no such entry exists for hashish.
Great historians have discovered almost 20 harmful chemical products in hashish extracts. All cannabis toxines have been discovered on higher concentrations than in a cigarette smoke.
“Cannabis contains similar carcinogenic agents to tobacco, in the volatile particular organic combinations,” Stephen Spiro of the British Lung Foundation told New Scientist magazine.
“It, they exist in higher similar or even ratios to a tobacco smoke, - large trouble.”
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
The most important keys for you to follow are:
• Rebalance Your Brain with Amino Acids (Chapter 7) – here you will find out how your symptoms are all to do with dopamine and opioid shut down and which specific amino acids will get your brain back on track.• Rebuild Your Brain with Essential Fats (Chapter 10) – by optimising your intake of the brain’s essential fats you can help to undo the damage and get your memory and concentration back.• Balance Your Blood Sugar to Gain Energy and Reduce Cravings (Chapter 11) – by learning how to eat to keep your blood sugar, and your energy level even, you’ll have less cravings for cannabis.
What to expect 30 days laterIt takes, on average, about 30 days to recover and normalise your brain’s chemistry and blood sugar balance. If you’ve been using a variety of addictive substances for years, our advice would be to stick to this kind of recovery programme for at least 90 days.
Otherwise, provided your Scale of Abstinence Symptoms Severity score has dropped by two-thirds (see Chart Your Progress on page 26), stop the Stimulant Prescription (see pg 403) and the Sleep Prescription (see pg 397), but keep taking the Basic Supplements. By now you’ll know the effects of the other temporary supplements such as tyrosine and 5-HTP. Reduce or stop these according to your need.